Warm couscous salad Serves 4
• 320g Sandhurst Israeli toasted
• 4cup water
• 200g feta cheese
• 16 Sandhurst chargrilled eggplant strips,
with trimmed skin
• 16 Sandhurst chargrilled zucchini strips
cut in little squares
• 12 stuffed olives with blue cheese, halved
• 200g Sandhurst chickpeas
• 2cup of rocket
• 4 egg
• 400ml milk
• 8tbsp olive oil
• 4tbsp lemon juice
• 120ml Sandhurst balsamic glaze
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat the oven at 200 degrees.
2. Put olive oil and couscous in a medium saucepan. Cook until lightly toasted (this will prevent
it from becoming sticky after it is cooked).
3. Pour water in saucepan and allow the couscous to cook on low heat.
4. Season the chickpeas with salt and pepper and put them in the oven for 20 minutes until crunchy.
5. Season the beef mince with salt and pepper and wrap it around the olives.
6. In a bowl, mix the egg, milk, salt and pepper. Use this quick egg wash for the olives and crumb
them. Repeat this process once again.
7. Fry the olives until golden brown.
8. Give the eggplants a uniform shape and place the rocket and a cube of feta on the strips of
eggplant, roll them and set aside.
9. Once the chickpeas are ready take them out and allow them to cool down.
10. Mix the leftover olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper with the couscous. Toss through the
zucchini, chickpeas and leftover feta.
11. Use this mixture to place around the eggplant, stuffed olives with a squeeze of balsamic glaze